CO Leak and Fire in Chicago High-Rises

Five taken to hospital after incidents in high-rise apartment buildings

 

Five people were transported to the hospital after a fire and CO leak at a Chicago high-rise apartment building. (Chicago Fire Department photo, Twitter)

 

HighRise Ops Staff

CHICAGO, Illinois – A carbon monoxide leak and a fire at two Chicago high-rises sent five people to hospitals on Tuesday according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Firefighters responded to 4541 North Sheridan Road for high carbon monoxide readings.

Firefighters found a faulty furnace.

Four people were taken to the hospital for treatment.

Approximately 30 minutes later, firefighters responded to a small fire in an apartment at 4945 North Sheridan Road.

The fire was quickly extinguished.

One person was taken to the hospital with a minor burn injury.

TOPICS

Five taken to hospital after incidents in high-rise apartment buildings     HighRise Ops Staff CHICAGO, Illinois – A carbon monoxide leak and a fire at two Chicago high-rises sent five people to hospitals on Tuesday according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Firefighters responded to 4541 North Sheridan Road for high carbon monoxide readings. Firefighters found […]

Get The RigSpot Newsletter

Related Articles

Fire Engulfs 42-Story High-Rise in China

Fire Engulfs 42-Story High-Rise in China

  BEIJING (AP) — A massive fire sent flames and black smoke pouring Friday from a 42-story skyscraper in central China belonging to the country's largest telecoms operator, but no casualties were reported, officials said. Dozens of floors burned in the China...

Rochester (NY) High-Rise Fire Claimed a Life

Rochester (NY) High-Rise Fire Claimed a Life

Firefighters responded to a high-rise fire in Rochester's Hudson Ridge Towers Tuesday night that killed a man. The fire broke out on the 11th floor of the building around 7 p.m., and by the time crews arrived heavy smoke was pouring from the building, WROC reports. It...

Three Hospitalized After Electrical Fire in PA High-Rise

Three Hospitalized After Electrical Fire in PA High-Rise

According to a report from NBC10, residents of the River Park House condominiums in the Wynnefield Heights neighborhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will be without power and water for at least the next five days after an electrical fire knocked out utilities at the...