Home > News > Unattended Cooking Causes Toledo High-Rise Fire

Unattended Cooking Causes Toledo High-Rise Fire

Multiple calls for fire on the eighth floor

 

(Toledo Fire Rescue photo)

 

HighRise Ops Staff

TOLEDO –WTVG reports that unattended cooking caused a fire early Wednesday morning of a high-rise apartment building in Toledo.

Total loss for the fire e is estimated at $83,000, and 18 residents are being assisted by the Red Cross after being displaced by the fire.

Toledo Fire and Rescue received several calls just after 2:30 a.m. for smoke on the eighth floor of the Covenant Apartment building in the 700 block of N. Erie.

Some callers stated that smoke had them trapped on the eighth floor .

Firefighters found heavy black smoke on the fire floor and forced entry into several of apartments and assisted occupants to evacuate.

A kitchen fire was quickly extinguished.

One occupant was injured.

x

Check Also

Quick Knock on Manhattan High-Rise Fire

Fire on the 11th floor     THEMAJESTIRIUM1 Here you will see ...

Rescue at Manhattan High-Rise Fire

Fire on the seventh floor at Box 648     FDNY Response ...

FDNY Responds to Unstable Crane at Brooklyn High-Rise

Part of crane became unstable at a 31-story building     HighRise ...

VES at Harlem High-Rise

Fire on the seventh floor     FDNY Response Videos ©FDNY Response ...

One Hurt in Fire at Abandoned North Carolina High-Rise

Fire on the third floor in Charlotte     HighRise Ops Staff ...

The Fires that Foretold Grenfell

Five fires that preceded Grenfell     BBC This 60-minute documentary is ...