Fire near a trash chute
HighRise Ops Staff
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – FOX29 reports that hundreds of people were evacuated from a downtown high rise apartment after a fire broke out late Wednesday night.
The fire started at approximately 9:00 p.m. at the Barsala at the 68 Apartments.
Firefighters found a mattress on fire next to a trash chute. The fire did not damage any units, but did cause smoke to fill the building.
Officials said the fire seems suspicious and are looking at surveillance video to find whoever was involved.