One Dead in Rochester High-Rise Fire

Fire on the 10th floor in Rochester

 

(Rochester Fire Department photo, Twitter)

 

HighRise Ops Staff

ROCHESTER, New York – WROC reports that one person is dead after a fire in a downtown high-rise in Rochester.

The fire was on the 10th floor of the Andrews Terrace apartment building on St. Paul Street. 

Firefighters responded to the scene at 6:48 p.m.

A second-alarm was struck within 10 minutes due to building size and occupancy.

One person was found dead inside the fire apartment where the fire was located.

The fire was extinguished in 30 minutes and held to the apartment of origin.

TOPICS

Fire on the 10th floor in Rochester     HighRise Ops Staff ROCHESTER, New York – WROC reports that one person is dead after a fire in a downtown high-rise in Rochester. The fire was on the 10th floor of the Andrews Terrace apartment building on St. Paul Street.  Firefighters responded to the scene at […]

Get The RigSpot Newsletter

Related Articles

Fire Engulfs 42-Story High-Rise in China

Fire Engulfs 42-Story High-Rise in China

  BEIJING (AP) — A massive fire sent flames and black smoke pouring Friday from a 42-story skyscraper in central China belonging to the country's largest telecoms operator, but no casualties were reported, officials said. Dozens of floors burned in the China...

Rochester (NY) High-Rise Fire Claimed a Life

Rochester (NY) High-Rise Fire Claimed a Life

Firefighters responded to a high-rise fire in Rochester's Hudson Ridge Towers Tuesday night that killed a man. The fire broke out on the 11th floor of the building around 7 p.m., and by the time crews arrived heavy smoke was pouring from the building, WROC reports. It...

Three Hospitalized After Electrical Fire in PA High-Rise

Three Hospitalized After Electrical Fire in PA High-Rise

According to a report from NBC10, residents of the River Park House condominiums in the Wynnefield Heights neighborhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will be without power and water for at least the next five days after an electrical fire knocked out utilities at the...