Three Injured in Cleveland High-Rise Fire

Fire in the trash compactor of a 22-story high-rise

 

(Cleveland Fire Department photo, Twitter @ClevelandFire)

 

Darren Sweeney, FOX8

CLEVELAND, Ohio (FOX8) – Several residents of a high-rise apartment building had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at the building early Monday.

The Cleveland Division of Fire said in a tweet that three people were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. According to the tweet, they were in stable condition.

Firefighters were called to Willson Tower on E. 55th Street around 1:45 a.m. Monday. MORE

TOPICS

Fire in the trash compactor of a 22-story high-rise     Darren Sweeney, FOX8 CLEVELAND, Ohio (FOX8) – Several residents of a high-rise apartment building had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at the building early Monday. The Cleveland Division of Fire said in a tweet that three people were taken to […]

Get The RigSpot Newsletter

Related Articles

Fire Engulfs 42-Story High-Rise in China

Fire Engulfs 42-Story High-Rise in China

  BEIJING (AP) — A massive fire sent flames and black smoke pouring Friday from a 42-story skyscraper in central China belonging to the country's largest telecoms operator, but no casualties were reported, officials said. Dozens of floors burned in the China...

Rochester (NY) High-Rise Fire Claimed a Life

Rochester (NY) High-Rise Fire Claimed a Life

Firefighters responded to a high-rise fire in Rochester's Hudson Ridge Towers Tuesday night that killed a man. The fire broke out on the 11th floor of the building around 7 p.m., and by the time crews arrived heavy smoke was pouring from the building, WROC reports. It...

Three Hospitalized After Electrical Fire in PA High-Rise

Three Hospitalized After Electrical Fire in PA High-Rise

According to a report from NBC10, residents of the River Park House condominiums in the Wynnefield Heights neighborhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will be without power and water for at least the next five days after an electrical fire knocked out utilities at the...