Unattended cooking causes fire and fills high-rise with smoke
HighRise Ops Staff
CHICAGO, Illinois – NBC Chicago reports that “unattended cooking” was the cause of a high-rise fire at 4300 W. Ford City Drive, according to Chicago Fire Department officials.
Two adults and one child were sent to Holy Cross hospital after the fire.
Two other people were reported to have refused transportation to a hospital.
Officials have not provided more information on the condition of the individuals.
Still & Box, EMS Plan 1 at 4300 W. Ford City Drive: the fire is out; three patients being evaluated so far; update to follow. (Merritt) pic.twitter.com/oBS2N644lc
— Chicago Fire Media (@CFDMedia) March 6, 2021