Trash compactor fire up through the chute
CINCINNATI, Ohio – Two people were hurt during a two-alarm fire at a high-rise apartment building in Cincinnati according to WLWT5.
Fire in the basement trash compactor in the Marquette Manor apartments at 1999 Sutter Avenue had spread upward in the trash chute.
Residents were sheltered in place as the fire was extinguished.
A second-alarm was called due to the building size to check for fire extension.
One occupant and one firefighter were treated by EMS on the scene for minor injuries.