Unattended Cooking Causes Toledo High-Rise Fire

Multiple calls for fire on the eighth floor

 

(Toledo Fire Rescue photo)

 

HighRise Ops Staff

TOLEDO –WTVG reports that unattended cooking caused a fire early Wednesday morning of a high-rise apartment building in Toledo.

Total loss for the fire e is estimated at $83,000, and 18 residents are being assisted by the Red Cross after being displaced by the fire.

Toledo Fire and Rescue received several calls just after 2:30 a.m. for smoke on the eighth floor of the Covenant Apartment building in the 700 block of N. Erie.

Some callers stated that smoke had them trapped on the eighth floor .

Firefighters found heavy black smoke on the fire floor and forced entry into several of apartments and assisted occupants to evacuate.

A kitchen fire was quickly extinguished.

One occupant was injured.

TOPICS

Multiple calls for fire on the eighth floor     HighRise Ops Staff TOLEDO –WTVG reports that unattended cooking caused a fire early Wednesday morning of a high-rise apartment building in Toledo. Total loss for the fire e is estimated at $83,000, and 18 residents are being assisted by the Red Cross after being displaced […]

Get The RigSpot Newsletter

Related Articles

Grenfell Firefighters Facing Elevated Cancer Rates

Grenfell Firefighters Facing Elevated Cancer Rates

Firefighters who battled the Grenfell high-rise fire in 2017 are being diagnosed with cancer at an alarming rate. Britain's Daily Mirror reports that roughly a dozen firefighters, some as young as 40, have been diagnosed with cancers such as leukemia and colon...